This is a 5 generation picture from Rylie's first birthday last August. Unfortunately, it's also the last one we'll ever have. I was really hoping to have another 5 generation picture with Aliyah, but that will not be the case. This morning, Rylie lost her Great Great Grandma Violet Galloway. I'm so sad that she will have no memory of her. I remember my Great Great Grandma. I remember how my brother, Aaron, and I used to scare the chickens in her hen house and make them all squack like crazy. Our parents would get so mad at us (hehe). It was so much fun! I remember being in her house and visiting with her. She passed away in 1989, when I was 4, and Aaron was 3. I'm really heart broken that she won't be there to meet Aliyah and hold her. And, she won't be there to ask if she's "warm enough". If you know Granny, you know that that poor woman was never warm enough! Everyone knows that if you were going to visit her, you had to dress in a t-shirt and shorts, even in the middle of winter! One of my favorite little stories that my dad tells me is of a time when he got home from school (he lived with Granny for several years), and one of her candlesticks and drooped over on its side, because it was melting. LOL Oh, Granny, we're going to miss you so much!!
1 year
Rylie's First Birthday
We love you Violet "Granny" Galloway!
No comments:
Post a Comment