Sunday, August 21, 2011

First Birthday!!

While I shed several tears during the days leading up to her birthday, I didn't shed a single one on her birthday. Maybe I was too busy ;) We had a wonderful turn out for her birthday and thankfully it didn't rain! We had part of it outside and part of it inside. Thank you very much to everyone who came and helped make Rylie's first birthday extra special!!! And, a very special thank you goes out to a very special guest - Diane!! We were so excited that she was able to make it. Last year, as most of you know, we had a very scary experience with me having labor contractions, when I was 7 months pregnant. I was transferred to Carle Foundation Hospital in Champaign, and Diane was my nurse during the days while I was there. She was so wonderful to us! We'd also believe that she is the reason Rylie was able to be born a month later, because she is the one who was finally able to stop my contractions. So, anyway, not to get all sentimental, but it was just really special that she was able to be there and meet Rylie.

Of course, all of our guests were special to us! I was also extremely excited to see my Great Grandma Violet Galloway. We were not sure if she would be able to make it, because she has been in the hospital and is now in an assisted living facility. So, that was very special to us too. Thanks again everyone for helping us enjoy this very special day!!

1 year



No comments:

Post a Comment